Terms and conditions of use
1. Our portrait sessions, gift vouchers and Xperience promotions both electronic and physical are non-refundable. Your portrait appointment must be booked within 3 months of purchase or receipt of your voucher.
2. A Family is designated as a group consisting of parent(s) and their children. It is at the studios discretion to accept groups outside of this genre. Clients must be over 18 to book one of our photoshoots. Persons under the age of 18 may of course attend with a parent or legal guardian present.
3. Promotions or vouchers may not be used in conjunction with any other promotion and are not transferable. Strictly one voucher per family in a 12 month period
4. Every Adam Hillier Photography session is subject to a fully refundable booking deposit of £25.00. This will be taken at the time of booking to guarantee the appointment time and limit non-attendance.
5. If for any reason you fail to attend any of your appointments or fail to notify us within 3 working days of an appointment, your booking fee paid will be rendered non-refundable. If unable to make your appointment, please contact us to inform us. Failure to do so will void your offer, booking or gift voucher and you will lose any deposits, session fees or payments made.
6. Clients may reschedule their appointment ONCE up to 3 working days in advance without forfeiting their offer, session fee or gift voucher. Weekend bookings including Friday, Saturday and Sunday’s client’s must give at least 7 days’ notice should they wish to reschedule. Failure to do so will render any deposit, session fee or payment made non refundable. To rebook another session, a booking deposit or session fee will be required.
7. Appointments once booked are non-cancellable and may only be rescheduled. Failure to attend without adequate notification or outright cancellation of an appointment will forfeit the conditions of the session or gift voucher.
8. If a client should arrive up to 15 minutes late for an appointment, we cannot guarantee all aspects of the service and the booking fee cannot be refunded.
9. If a client should arrive later than 30 minutes for an appointment, we will not provide any services and any booking deposit or session fee will be lost. If for any reason you fail to attend your appointment, any booking deposit or session fee paid will be rendered non-refundable.
10. Clients are advised to bring at least one change of clothing. (This applies to ALL sessions and is designed to give the you (the client) a better quality and variety of images to choose from.)
11. ALL Portrait clients must attend the viewing session otherwise any offer or promotion will be rendered invalid.
12. Images are only available for purchase on the day of the viewing. Please refer to our price list for products available to purchase. It is at our discretion whether we keep images that are not purchased from. This is not guaranteed.
13. Strictly no refunds are permitted once copyright has been handed over in the form of images purchased electronically.
14. For copyright purposes no personal photography or filming is permitted at the studio, use of digital camera, camera phones, video recorders, or any other photographic/video capture device is STRICTLY PROHIBITED. Copyright remains with us, AHP Photography also known as Adam Hillier and Adam Hillier Photography. All clients using AHP Photography agree that any images taken by AHP Photography therefore belong to AHP Photography and can be used for advertising/display purposes at AHP Photography’s discretion.
15. For your safety and security please be aware that CCTV is in use throughout our premises. Clients should understand that this is in no way to infringe on their privacy. Recorded CCTV footage may be used as evidence against any individual committing a criminal offense on the premises.
16. AHP Photography accepts no liability for the loss or damage of any equipment or personal belongings brought onto the premises.
17. In booking your appointment or purchasing a promotion from any online or third party companies you agree to the terms and conditions as stated above.
18. In the event of unforeseen circumstances (which are deemed to be out of the control of the studio) AHP Photography reserves the right to substitute any or all aspects of the service with a suitable alternative to an equivalent value. On some occasions this may involve changing appointment times. The client will be given sufficient notice should this occur.
19. Prints, frames and images purchased must be collected within 1 month of the purchase date. All products thereafter not collected will be disposed of. This does not affect your statutory rights.
20. Please be aware that on rare occasions due to unforeseen circumstances any aspect of your portrait session or viewing appointment may be running behind. We will endeavour to keep this to a minimum however delays on occasions can occur.
21. AHP Photography will endeavour to provide a pleasing colour balance but cannot guarantee exact colour matching owing to anomalous reflectance caused by a combination of certain dyes and materials especially manmade fibres. It’s sometimes impossible to record on film/digital file the exact colour as seen by the human eye.
22. MODEL RELEASE: You hereby agree that, unless otherwise communicated to Adam Hillier Photography prior to the start of your portrait session and in writing, you assign Adam Hillier Photography the irrevocable and unrestricted right to use and publish photographs from your session for editorial, trade, advertising, educational, social media and any other purpose and in any manner and medium; to alter the same without restriction; and to copyright the same without restriction. Adam Hillier Photography may share a selection of images on our website and social media accounts after your session is completed. If you wish that your photos be shared at a delayed date due to a gift or other reason, or not shared at all, please inform us in writing prior to the date of your portrait session.
23. COPYRIGHTS: The photographs produced by Adam Hillier Photography are protected by Copyright Law and may not be reproduced, published or sold in any manner without explicitly written permission. Upon final payment by you, limited copyright ownership of the resulting images will be transferred to you. Adam Hillier Photography grants you permission to share the images on social networking websites and with family and friends, as long as the images remain unaltered and credit is written along with the post.
24. PRINT RELEASE: Upon purchasing high resolution image files, you are granted permission by Adam Hillier Photography to reproduce the images and make an unlimited number of prints, for personal use only. You are not obliged to purchase prints and products through the professional lab linked to the online gallery; however, Adam Hillier Photography is not responsible for the quality of prints and products not printed through this service.
25. RETOUCHING OF IMAGES: The final post-production and editing styles, effects and overall look of the images are left to the discretion of Adam Hillier Photography, taking into account input from the client, if given. Adam Hillier Photography strongly believe in producing images that are a true reflection of who my clients are. In keeping with this philosophy, I do not alter physical appearance in my photographs beyond minor enhancements such as concealing blemishes or temporary scratches and bruises. This is what we refer to as our “Two Week Rule”: if it won’t be there in two weeks, we’ll touch it up.
26. SHARING OF PHOTOS: If you choose to share any of the photos on social media, it is appreciated if credit is given to Adam Hillier Photography by typing @AHP Photography on Facebook from a non-mobile device. Any reviews or comments left on Adam Hillier Photography’s social media accounts may be used as sample testimonials on the Adam Hillier Photography website.
27. YOUR PHOTOGRAPHER: Adam Hillier Photography have a team of experienced photographers, one of whom will be assigned to your Portrait Session. If you wish to know the details of your photographer in advance then please communicate this to us in writing prior to your session date. Adam Hillier Photography reserve the right to change the allocated photographer at our discretion at any time and for any reason.
28. LIABILITY & INDEMNITY:
(a) While Adam Hillier Photography takes all reasonable care in the performance of this agreement generally, it shall not be liable for any loss or damage suffered by the Client of by any third party arising from use or reproduction of any picture or its caption;
(b) The Client agrees to indemnify Adam Hillier Photography in respect of any claims or damages or any costs arising in any manner from the reproduction without proper reproduction rights of any picture supplied to the Client by Adam Hillier Photography;
(c) It is the Client who must satisfy himself that all necessary rights, model releases or consents which may be required for reproduction, are obtained and it is acknowledged that Adam Hillier Photography gives no warranty or undertaking that any such rights, model releases or consents have or will be obtained whether in relation to the use of names, people, trade marks, registered or copyright designs or works of art depicted in any picture. In the event that the picture issued or reproduced by or with the authority of the Client then the Client shall indemnify Adam Hillier Photography against any loss or damage, proceedings or costs where such rights, releases or consents have not been obtained.
(d) We will exercise the reasonable skill, care and judgment that you would expect of a professional photographer but we shall not be liable for events beyond our reasonable control nor for loss which is indirect or consequential. Under no circumstances will our liability to you, whether for breach of contract, negligence, breach of statutory duty or otherwise exceed the total amount that you have paid to us under this Contract. Nothing in this Contract shall exclude our liability for death or personal injury caused by us of those for whose acts we are responsible.
29. APPLICABLE LAW:
(a) This Agreement shall be subject to and constructed according to English Law and the parties agree to accept the exclusive direction of the Courts of England;
(b) No variation of terms and conditions set out herein shall be effective unless agreed in writing by both parties.
(c) Email communication constitutes a contract in law, unless the Client specifically states they will not accept this and instead provides hardcopy paperwork of all relevant agreements and contracts.
30. CLIENT COMMUNICATION & CONFIDENTIALITY
(a) Booking Adam Hillier Photography automatically gives us permission to communicate with you directly and as part of any email marketing strategy. You will of course have the ability to unsubscribe from any marketing material should you wish
(b) Adam Hillier Photography will keep confidential and will not disclose to any third parties or make use of information communicated to them in confidence for the purposes of the photography, save as may be reasonably necessary to enable Adam Hillier Photography to carry out their obligations in relation to the commission.
31. OUR USAGE OF IMAGES:
(a) We reserve the right to use or display any images created as part of this Contract in our studio, as part of our portfolio, in our online galleries, at exhibitions, blogs or for other marketing materials and purposes